Friday, 16 November 2012

A call for pattern testers


My new bag pattern is nearly ready and I wondered whether anyone might very kindly be willing to offer their sewing services up as a pattern tester for me?

As a pattern tester you'd need to be willing to make the bag and give me some very brief feedback to let me know if there are any bits where you found the instruction unclear or difficult to follow and also be happy to send me a photo of the finished bag. In return, once you've made the bag, by way of thanks I'd love to send you a £25 gift voucher to spend in one of my favourite online fabric shops (or an Amazon voucher if you'd rather put it toward some Christmas shopping).

My main requirement is that you are able to find time to have the bag made and feedback given by the end of next week at the latest (25th November), so please only offer up your services if you can commit to that.


If you have access to a drawer full of bag making supplies in your home or they're easily available locally, then I'm really happy for it to be tested anywhere in the world as the pattern is digital so can be emailed to you ready to print out. However, I'm equally happy to send you the bag snaps, piping and interfacing you'll need for the project to save you a shopping trip (in which case you'd need to be based in the UK and I would hopefully get them out to you today or tomorrow) and the only thing you'll need to provide yourself will be your choices of fabrics.

 
The bag comes in two sizes. The larger bag is the same size as the one I originally made for my eleven year old daughter, but the length of the bag strap can be altered to fit someone smaller or larger- so is suitable for both adults and younger children. The smaller bag is perfect for days when you just want a book, wallet and phone in your bag or for younger children who may be dwarfed by the size of the larger version. The only difference other than size between the two is that the smaller bag omits the internal zippered pockets. The larger bag measures approximately 12" high x 10½" wide, 3½ deep. The smaller bag measures 9½" high, 9" wide x 2½" deep.

If you're interested, just send me an email - flossieteacakes (at) gmail (dot) com - letting me know your sewing skill level (i.e. have you made a bag before?), which size of bag you'd be likely to make, where in the world you're based and, if you have a blog or a Flickr account, a link to that would be lovely. Also a quick confirmation that you've read the bit about it needing to be finished by the end of next week (25th November) would reassure my anxious mind!

Florence x

*** UPDATED *** Thank you for such a wonderful response and for filling my inbox within minutes! I'm amazed and delighted by your willingness to give up your time and pattern test for me. I've now contacted the few who will hopefully sew for me, but thank you all - I really appreciate it. x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Florence, I would be happy to test your pattern for you. I'm off to send you an email now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag looks great. I particularly like the pocket on the outside. Something we always look for in a school bag. Nothing worse than soggy books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Florence!

    Love your new bag...and I would be willing to test the pattern for you as well! I'll send you an e-mail...

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would have loved to do this but not sure I could get it finished by 25/11. What a shame. Could do by 27 Nov if you get stuck for someone but sure you will have lots of offers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can pattern test for you! I've got open band width to get it done in time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad I had back surgery, otherwise I would have loved to test your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh - looks like I'm too late to offer, I'll drop an email just in case you need an extra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm also too late but that is one gorgeous bag! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah too slow :( I loved this bag since the minute you first posted it, I look forward to seeing the tester's versions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable bag :) I have a bag pattern that I've been wanting to make for awhile now.....

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bags look adorable Florence! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't help you test the pattern right now, but I sure as heck will buy the pattern when it's done. LOVE IT! So cute, the size, the little side pocket. Just my thing. Can't wait! I just love all your stuff so much. Thanks for all your sharing and contributions to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so, so much for all your lovely offers - my inbox was swamped within minutes, which was a lovely surprise! I'm so grateful for both your enthusiasm and willingness to give up your time - thank you! I've now enlisted the help of a couple of testers and am hoping to have the pattern out in a few weeks.

    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous bag Florence, would have loved to test the pattern, but have never done piping before. But will buy the pattern when its ready as I'm already imagining what fabrics to use to make it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A shame I only just read your post! I'd have loved to have tested for you. Bags are my speciality :D I'd have had time to complete it too!
    Still, I am consoled by the knowledge that it will be for sale soon - as I've been waiting eagerly for it since your initial post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love making bags and yours looks perfect for my daughter and her uni friends. Wouldn't have had time to test drive it I but look forward to buying the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Florence. I would have been happy to pattern test too but I know i'm too late.
    Good luck, it's a lovely bag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah...read this too late. Can I please sign up for the next one?
    I am sure whatever is coming up next is as lovely as this.
    Asmita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - it's always really lovely to hear from people.

I now tend to reply within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat.

Florence x